- 1947 as the Pasadena Telco Rod and Gun Club. The club was an affiliation of Pacific Telephone Company employees with the common interest of hunting, fishing, both saltwater and freshwater, marksmanship, conservation and volunteerism. In 1999, the club both relocated and changed it’s name to the Temple City Sportsmen and opened it’s membership to anyone sharing our common interest.
- If you are interested in hunting and fishing, if you like to target shoot, participate in conservation work, do some charity work, participate in family oriented activities and generally enjoy a high level of camaraderie all while improving your outdoor skills, then we would be pleased to have you as a member.
- The Temple City Sportsmen is affiliated, both by donation and through activities with the NRA, Southwest Anglers, California Rifle and Pistol Association, Gun Owners of America, Gun owners of California, San Gabriel Valley Quail Forever and Ducks Unlimited.
- The club has a number of annual activities which are open to all members and on occasion to guests as well. We have a Bass Derby, Trout Derby and as member interest permits we have a Surf Perch Derby. Many of our members belong to other clubs as well and through those affiliations T.C members access to not only T.C. activities, but activities of the other clubs also. While many club members involvethemselves in hunts for big game as far away as Canada, probably the most anticipated event during the hunting season is our annual Chucker hunt. Named after a member now deceased, the “Cottontail Hunt” is both a hunting trip and a social event drawing a large turnout.
- Our club also puts on a Turkey Shoot and Pentathlon. The Pentathlon is an event that not only allows a little friendly shooting competition, but gives a hunter a chance to identify areas that may need work before the seasons open.
- Our annual Fish Fry is the one fund raiser that we host which has the benefit of not only being a super fun family event, but also allowing us the funds to donate to the various groups we support.
- The Temple City Sportsmen are proud to have participated in several “Take A Kid Fishing” events with the Pasadena and Whittier Boys and Girls Clubs. We have taken youngsters Trout fishing at Guasti Lake and Crystal Lake and surf fishing at Dockweiler State Beach and Nicholas Canyon. We are currently involved with other on-going youth programs.
- The Temple City Sportsmen and the Pasadena Telco Rod and Gun Club before them have participated in conservation projects for the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and The National Forest Service. We have built Deer enclosures to assess grazing impact, we have participated in the Big Horn Sheep count in Lytle Creek. We have built and maintained both large and small game drinkers. We have done handicapped camping facilities construction and maintenance as well as handicapped fishing access projects. We have also joined The California State Parks System in both construction and restoration projects. Currently, we are working with The San Gabriel Valley Chapter of Quail Forever on both Drinker maintenance and new habitat projects. We are also working with Camp Trask and the Boy Scouts of America in construction projects
- First Thursday of every month at 7:00pm
Temple City Unified School District Headquarters
9700 Las Tunas Drive, Temple City
- A typical meeting will involve normal administrative business, ( officers reports, committee reports, old business, new business) refreshments and member experiences.
- For more information please contact us at email@example.com
- P.O. Box 1336, Temple City, California 91780-1336